Wednesday 5 December 2007

Thanksgiving Recap

Ok, so I'm gonna share some Thanksgiving pictures on here now. Here's me prepping the apple pie:

Me and Mai-lys did this together, and it was quite time consuming. We made the pastry by hand, because we couldn't find any pie trays and even if we did, we had to feed 20 people!

I decided to try and make a quilted top, because I'd seen it once before with a pie at our house and it looked great.
It's more confusing then it looks.
That's before baking - Mai-lys painted it with egg yolk so it would be golden brown. Note the U.S.A. on top - she wasn't happy about that.

Here's the finished product, along with yours truly:


Someone had a better picture of it before it was sliced, but it was deleted or lost or something. If you can't tell, I'm quite proud of myself.
It was a little bit cramped because our kitchen is meant for 6, not 20. But it's ok - we're all friends here!
Here's Hannah, Becky, and Sud...
Saj, Dali, and Shalini...
Tanj, Becky, John and Katelyn...
And on the left, Vidar, Marta, Alex, and Chris (All from flat 43). Not pictured are everyone in my flat, and Nick's dad and brother, which I believe adds up to 21?

Some other things that have been going on:

Rugby Game:

Bristol vs Paris. The Parisians wore tan uniforms with pink flowers, in typical French style. Our boys in Bristol were in blue. We were underdogs, but we surprisingly won! The highlight was probably our 2 pint cups of Guinness:

Those things were huge. On the walk home, I caught a picture of the other Banksy graffiti post in Bristol, like I promised:


The Mild Mild West.

These pictures are all from Piia's birthday:
Here's Marketa and Maja (pronounced Maya). Maja is from Poland, and Marketa is from Prague in the Czech Republic. She gave me some advice about where to go in Prague. Thanks Marketa!

Here's Piia and Angela, undoubtedly laughing at one of my hilarious jokes.

Here's Nick and his brother. I couldn't find a picture of his dad, but they were both pretty cool guys.



Mai-Lys' and Ben's Birthday: The night before we left for Prague, we celebrated Ben and Mai-lys' birthdays. It was a big huge French party.

The three Americans.


Wladimir and Laura, his belle. I just found out he spells his name with a W the other day, because he's originally from Poland. He's French now though. I forgot to mention it was a Hawaiian theme. (very few people dressed up)


Aanchal, Shreya, and Sehar, my Indian beauties. That's Damien up top.

Chris from Malta, the coolest science communicator I've ever met. I even have his business card for if I need his services back in America.


Some other French friends:


Here's Astrid and Francois, along with me and Vidar, at Revolution bar. It was 2 for 1 night last night, which is a steal.

Here is one of the crepes Francois, Mai-lys, and Astrid made last night for dinner. Egg, mushroom, cheese, tomato, ham, delicious.

Here's Lauren Lion, the crazy animation artist girl of Flat 43. She's always doing crazy stuff, like making banana sandwiches, and cutting parts of her hair really short. I guess all artists have to be a little quirky though.


I leave for Istanbul tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to post my trip to Prague by the end of tonight, and maybe Dublin if I burn the midnight oil.

No comments: